If you've volunteered previously, welcome back! If you are a first time volunteer, you are about to discover a wonderful, rewarding experience! You'll make new friends, learn new skills and obtain great satisfaction.
ORGANISING COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER
- Be part of the organising committee with starting in March and through to September
- Attend meetings and contribute to key organising roles - approx. 4 to 8 per week
- Take on a key part of the festival organising including
- Venue coordination
- Decoration coordination
- Community Liaison
- Site production
- Accommodation coordinator for artists
BAR STAFF - 4 - 6 hours ( ALL BAR POSITIONS NOW FILLED )
- Must have current RSA
- Be willing to work late Friday and/or Saturday evening.
- Able to work in bar area serving drinks within RSA guidelines
- Be able to handle cash and tills
- Maintain bar area and its surrounds by clearing away empty containers and disposing of them safely.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER - 4 - 6 hours ( ALL GENERAL POSITIONS NOW FILLED )
- Check wristbands at venue entrances
- Monitor and maintain safe arrangement of chairs so that emergency exits are clear at all times
- Ensure all rubbish is removed from venues betwen acts if necessary.
- Move "wheely" bins from storage area to venue areas and return when full.
- Most General Volunteers will be required to do 2 hours on car park duty which will require you to check eligible cars onto site and keep all exit lanes clear.
- If you are not able to stand for an hour or so, please note this on your application.
SET UP AND PACK DOWN - 4 - 6 hours ( ALL SET UP & PACKDOWN POSITIONS NOW FILLED )
- Assist with unloading and reloading of hired equipment
- Assist with setting out of chairs in venues
- Moving and folding out tables
- Putting pasters and banners in place.
- We have chair carriers and trolleys to assist with most of the manual handling.
BILLETING OF MUSICIANS ( ALL BILLET POSITIONS NOW FILLED )
- Provide accommodation within the Kiama area for one or more musicians for the weekend of the festival.
- You will also need to provide meals and assist with their transport to the festival if needed.
SOCIAL MEDIA / PROMOTION / VIDEOGRAPHY - 4 - 6 hours ( ALL SOCIAL MEDIA/PROMOTION/VIDEOGRAPHY POSITIONS NOW FILLED )
- Assist with organisation of photo opportunities and interviews and investigate possible media stories and photos
- Requires proven photographic and/or videographic skills plus ability with written communication eg text with photo
- Requires Technical ability and knowledge of social media - facebook, instagram
- Experience with quality photo editing
- Ability to work with small festival media team
- Free 3 day Festival pass
- Learn new skills
- References available
- Meet like minded people
- Support a great and unique community event
- Purchase Illawarra Folk Club CDs at 50% discount
To be considered as a volunteer please fill in the following form.
Before doing so please read the Code of Conduct and Terms of Agreement